Thursday, January 21, 2010

How to spend a rainy day.....

So when it is pouring outside and flooding the streets, what should you do?










LAUNDRY!


So this is everything that I had to haul to the laundry mat (minus all the laundry detergent and stuff)! The backpack is full of stuff to keep ms. P-goat entertained.
Now for those of you who know me, laundry is not my favorite chore. I detest laundry! Now I also hate laundry mats. It is one of those weird phobia type things. I just imagine all the nasty dirty laundry that has gone before me, eewwwwww! My husband tells me that it is silly because, well its a washing machine, I still can't get over it. There are other reasons I don't like laundry mats, but I am keeping them to myself, this way you all wont think I am completely BONKERS!


Thanks to the 4 beauties above, I managed to cram ALL of my laundry into 4 loads. Don't worry they are clean, those are the super sized ones! Plus I found out that they are fairly new, a bonus in my mind!

Then the power went out! YIKES! I have 4 HUGE loads of laundry to dry. I discovered that for some odd reason there was power to one set of dryers. They weren't the new ones, but at this point I just wanted to get out of there!


Now I just have to fold and hang ALL of that laundry! Half of which is not really dry!

The total bill for my little rainy day adventure..........$30.00 bucks! ARE YOU KIDDING ME! $30 precious dollars and 3/4 of the clothes weren't even dry. On top of that it is still raining and very damp, so it will take FOREVER for everything to dry!

I thought San Diego was supposed to be sunny and warm year round!

2 comments:

Gretchen said...

My answer to the first question was jump in it, never ever laundry. We had a relief society thing about time management & they said never start a load unless u have time to wash it, dry it,fold it and put it away. I laughed hard at that. Miss u tons!!!!!

Kristin and Isaac Alldredge said...

Sarah! I LOVE your Christmas card photos! You look absolutely beautiful! I agree with Gretchen- I thought the answer to your first question would be to jump in the huge puddles! Not do tons of laundry- I agree with you completely- I hate laundromats! The germs...scary people...grimy washers....germs....
Hope the weather starts to improve!