Saturday, January 10, 2009

The New Year

While Dominick was on vacation from school we took the kids to the Museum of Science in Boston. Jay was home from work that day and we all had a blast, until I almost passed out from being sick. Unfortunately we had to call it a day but we managed to get in some of the cool stuff. We saw a show at the planetarium, saw all the fossils and dinosaurs, looked at cool cars and trains, and looked at some local wildlife. The mythical creature exhibit was really cool and so was the fear exhibit. The kids were more brave than I thought and they learned where myths and legends come from. We can't wait to go back!

Here are the kids measuring their hands to a dinosaurs print
Matching animals with their fossils
Dominick and a huge cricket Statue
Doing some Science experiments

So it is 2009! This new year will bring about some BIG changes for the Cherrey family. 2009 is the beginning of our new life without the military. We still have 6 months before we leave, but we will be preparing for the new lifestyle! No more free insurance, steady income, exact working hours, free schooling and testing, and no more moving every 2 years (I hope). It hasn't been such a bad 6 years and I think I will kind of miss this life.

Well my New Year resolutions are:
1. More patience with my kids
2. Scrapbook a page a week
3. Be less of a hermit and more social (will be much easier when we are back in AZ)
4. Get back into shape

Nothing too major, but we have a lot coming up this year. So far I am doing okay on 2 of the 4 on my list.

2 comments:

Rogers Family said...

Looks like you guys had a blast. Good luck on your resolutions. We can't wait for you to get back to AZ! love ya

Cherisa said...

I can't believe you're going to be leaving us though in light of the snow, I think I'd be game for Arizona, too! I hope New England hasn't been too hard on you. :)

Looks like you had a fun time at the MOS. I still think they need more for little kids but since your kids are definitely growing out of the "little" stage, it's a good place to spend some time.