Sunday, February 6, 2011

The Big 8

I think I have always taken for granted, having been born and raised in the church. I have gotten sidetracked a few times along the way, but I know that I have a true testimony of my Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ.  With Dominick turning 8, I realized he wasn't ready for baptism. I know if I asked him to do it he would, but I don't think he would fully understand the covenant he was making. So he has started meeting with the missionaries and preparing himself for that next step.

The Scriptures: Internet Edition
I CAN NOT BELIEVE my son is 8! That is just crazy and insane to me!
We played a little trick on him, his sister got him a nice starter kit for a DS but he doesn't have a DS. Then he got to open the rest of his presents (I held ours back for last). When he opened ours it was an Empty DS box. (I know you are thinking we are the meanest parents EVER!). HE was a little upset but knew he could still play my old DS when allowed. As he took his presents up to his room he found his new DS sitting on his bed charging and ready to be played! He was SO excited!

 Books from Nana

Time sure does fly because that little boy is now 8. Soon he will be baptized (I hope), he starts boy scouts, he is playing baseball, loves to dance, and is a master lego builder. He LOVES HOMEWORK! His favorite food is spaghetti and he loves chocolate! He always has his nose in a book, sometimes 2, and currently has started the Harry Potter series. We LOVE YOU DOMINO!

4 comments:

Tamsen said...

Crazy! How do they get so big so fast?!

Gretchen said...

Happy Birthday Dude! He doesn't seem 8 to me yet. I love what you said about letting him decide to be baptized. I think teaching them that church is their choice and not just an expectation is a huge deal. Bravo.

Rogers Family said...

happy birthday dominick! We love you!

Jeni said...

Happy Birthday Domino! I still have fond memories when he piled into my big dog crate with the rest of the little kids. :)