Monday, October 20, 2008

A Day in Salem

So after ditching church a little early, because Dominick told me he wasn't feeling well, Jay had the bright idea to go to Salem. During October Salem has tons of Halloween activities going on constantly. It was freezing cold and extremely windy so we had to bundle up and endure and afternoon of walking. Dominick has decided that he is fearless and wants to attend his first haunted house. We had to continuously distract him with other activities, such as the largest pumpkin I have ever seen (over 1/2 ton), getting his first dog tag made at the Army surplus store, talking to "real" witches and wizards, watching "millions" of motorcycles roar down the middle of Salem. The kids loved pointing out the guys who dressed up on their bikes. Paytons favorite was the punk guy with a skeleton face and red mohawk and the girl with the bright orange hair and lips. Dominicks favorite was the guy who had a real skeleton hitch hiking on the back of his bike! Unfortunately I forgot my camera to capture all of these great candid moments. We also got to sample some yummy hot chocolate, apple cider, corn dogs, and yummy cheese fries. My poor diet has suffered all weekend! After all of this Dominick was still begging to go into the haunted house, so as a compromise we went to the wax museum. He was not impressed! Payton, on the other hand, LOVED it. She said they were like real people, big Barbie dolls in old clothes! She made us go through all of the people at least 3 times. All in all it was a great afternoon spending quality time with the kids. For those of you who have not been to Salem, it is a great place to visit, especially this time of year. 

1 comment:

Gretchen said...

Ah I love it! Finally a Cherrey blog. As if I don't keep tabs on you enough, now I'll get to hear a recap of all that we do together. Bonus! Salem sounds so nice. I'm glad you guys have embraced it so you can help us get there. We did the open gym thing today. Missy B was there. You guys gotta come next time. We almost called but Chris was home and Lance was here. You know how it funks up your groove when there are extra daddies around. Anyway I love the new blog. I know what you look like so I can't complain about the lack of pics.
Are your redo pics still today? Maybe I'll just call you.....I gotta run get my car off the street.