Thursday, November 6, 2008

Family Visits....

So I need to first start off by saying a HUGE THANK YOU to Missy. Last minute she said she would watch Payton for us while we went into Boston to do the tourist thing. She also picked Dominick up from school and had him for several hours. I really wasn't planning on being too late, then 7:00 rolls around and we still aren't back! BLESS YOU MISSY! I OWE YOU BIG TIME! 
Now onto being a tourist. Jay and I have already had the opportunity to do most of the stuff in and around Boston. So when family comes to visit we get to do it all over again, which isn't so bad. It is fun to be with people who have never experienced it before. So we took Carol down to Salem and spent a whole day wondering in Salem. The kids were champs for that day. It was cold, the Pirate museum was closed (after we promised Dominick we would go), most of the Halloween attractions were gone, and we did a lot of browsing and window shopping. Carol LOVED Salem. 
            

Next, the kids and I took her on the train into Boston to go to the Aquarium. I forgot the stroller and Payton ended up falling asleep half way through the day. Let me say she is a heavy weight to carry around Boston! Anyway, Carol was thrilled with the Aquarium and enjoyed having the kids play tour guide. They told her all about the different fish and things.
          

Next we did a full day in Boston without kids! THANKS AGAIN MISSY! We were able to take our time and enjoy the Freedom trail. We walked the whole trail, from the very start at Boston Common to the very end at the Navy ship yard. Were were able to visit a few of the museums and historic homes. Carol then treated us to a wonderful dinner at the Chart House. Wonderful food, great old building, too pricey for me to ever go back!


Then Payton and I took Carol to the Nantasket Beach. It was a beautiful day and so peaceful at the beach. We were able to walk along the shore and collect shells. Payton got her boots and stalkings soaked but fotunately it wasn't all that cold. We then decided to get lunch and bring it back to the beach. It was enjoyable until Payton got the brilliant idea to feed the birds! YIKES, we were attacked from all sides at that point.

         

Today the kids and I took the drive to Plymouth so Carol could see the rock. Of course we all know what people expect and what you really get. It was funny to see her reaction to the plymouth rock. We wandered for an hour or so and then headed home.


Tomorrow we venture to NY city. We have never been so it will be exciting for all of us. A new adventure that we all get to share together. Keep an eye out for our NY post coming soon......

4 comments:

Gretchen said...

Holy cow you guys know how to knock it out in a hurry. I haven't done half those things you listed and I live here. Chart house...yum! Have fun in NY.

Cherisa said...

What great tour guides you are! I've never been to the Chart House but it sounds fabulous. And my parents weren't all that excited about Salem though I promised them it's much more exciting in October.

Umm... Gretchen? Why are you commenting on blogs at 6:00 AM???

Missletoe said...

Abz asked today when Payton is coming back! The girls had such a great time together, they didn't have one disagreement. And, you know Sam and Dominick, they were in heaven!

I LOVE the Chart House... mostly their coconut shrimp. Mmmmm! coconut shrimp!!!

I'm glad you had such a good time with your MIL!

The Donahue's said...

I've lived here my whole life and haven't done most of those things. Looks like you guys had a fun day!