Thursday, May 7, 2009

It's Official!

I will be leaving Boston WITH my husband in tow!

The Navy has finally approved his TAD (I think thats what is called) orders. This means that he will come to Mesa with us, he will work in Phoenix until the end of September, then he will be on what they call Terminal leave until the end of December! 

We have been married almost 7 years now and I have to say that we have probably spent 3 1/2 of those years APART! With Deployments, Detachments, No vacation time, and things like that we were always apart! I am looking forward to actually having a full time husband! 

With that said they have also approved the Household Goods Move! We were getting a little worried that we would be leaving here with all of our stuff packed up (by me!) and in storage. Since his actual Detachment isn't until Dec. they tried telling us we couldn't get a move approved until November! What that would have meant; I would have to pack all of our stuff, put it in storage (so we are paying for storage instead of a 2000 dollar apartment), and then someone would have to come here in Nov. and supervise the movers unpacking and repacking our stuff! Kind of annoying, huh! So they approved it, the downside is that they will only move our stuff to his "Home of Record" which is Farmington. We did find out that we can pay extra for them to move it the rest of the way to Mesa.

I am starting to get very sad, I have made some very very good friends here. Out of all of our Duty Stations, this one has felt more like home than any other. It was easier to fit in, make connections, and be myself. I am stronger in the church, the kids have regular routines and friends, and Jay has even been more social. I am excited to move closer to my family and some "old" but good friends, but at the same time my heart is breaking to leave these wonderful people and even the great history that surrounds us. SO I plan to make an extra effort to stay in touch and I promise, WE WILL BE BACK! Even if only for a visit now and then......

7 comments:

Tamsen said...

That's such great news that you'll all be going together. You guys will be missed.

Melonius said...

Yeah, Boston was definitely hard to leave. Very bittersweet. But I'm sure come February you will have no regrets!!

Gretchen said...

Good, good, BAD. You have to come back in November at least. I'm sure you'll be missing the cold by then7y7u Kitty sends her love. Hopefully the move will go smoothly. It always helps to have a man brain around to talk us out of our crazy moments.
When do you actually take off? We need a weekend to go to Hershey so Chris can come too.

Amanda said...

That is great news Sarah! I'm glad Jay is going to get to go with you.

Kamilla said...

Thats great to hear your husband gets to come with you, I know that would be a huge deal to me. Hopefully we will be seeing you around when your back in AZ!

Jeanie and Vaughn Bigham said...

YAY! You are going to be closer to me! You gotta come see the baby!

Jeni said...

We'll miss you!