Saturday, May 23, 2009

Our first trip to the beach, this season!


We love the beach! I'm not sure why it has taken us so long to make our first trip to the beach, but we finally made it! 

Dominick got out of school early on Friday, so we headed to the Nantasket beach. It's only about 20 min. from where we live, there are closer beaches but they are more rocky.

We met the Gillette clan and Roger clan there for some fun in the sun. The other guys had been there all day and left about an hour after we got there, but we stayed for the evening.

Dominick spent most of his time playing in the sand and little tide pools.

P-Goat decided to hit the water and she was more adventurous and brave than last year. I followed her to the water, discovered it was FREEZING, and spent the next 2 hours trying to convince her it was too cold. She never gave up on the water and had a BLAST!




Don't worry I was within arms reach of her in this video, I just wanted her to prove she can handle the waves and ocean on her own, she had a blast!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I wish we had a beach here! It looks like so much fun! I guess I'll have to settle for desert rez. haha

Gretchen said...

Goodnight, that girl is insane. Maybe just maybe it warmed up when the tide came in but it was FREEZING! Kids are numb to the temp I think. I need to dust off my camera before my kids are grown.