Thursday, May 14, 2009

Just to vent.......



I am fed up with living in an apartment! Today I went to leave and I found my back window smashed in! I didn't know what to do, so I went back inside and panicked a little. A few minutes later the maintenance man knocked on the door, he explained that they believed the yard people were responsible. He then told me that they had left, yep left the property with not a single word! He had already called the company and was making sure they took care of the problem, as it starts to rain! So he opens up an empty garage for me to pull the truck into until they fix the window. As I look at the window, where my car is parked, and where a lawn mower should be, I can't fit the pieces together. The "story" is that the guy threw a rock while mowing the lawn, but there is no rock in the rubble in the back of my truck. Also, I wasn't parked near a lawn where a rock would have hit my back window. I'm just so upset that this has happened! Now they want me to take the car to the glass company and scheduled an appointment for the same time I have to pick up Domino! They told me if I don't make this appointment, it could be DAYS before they can get it fixed! On top of that I now have to buy a cake or something for Dominos party (thats why I was leaving, to get ingredients for his cake). There is glass in both of the kids car seats and we have a birthday party tonight! Luckily we have another car, but it's at work with Jay. Why me? Why today? Why do people suck! I just wanted to vent, thanks for reading or not! 

6 comments:

Gretchen said...

That is insane. Before reading the post I thought, 'they broke it in a garage?!!?' it pays to read the fine print. I hope you guys can get it taken care of without too much hassle or wetness to the interior. You+Avalon= big trouble. I can see why you have a countdown now.

Rogers Family said...

That really sucks. They think they are making things right by paying for your window to get fixed, but what about the hassle and the inconvenience? You are just stuck with a car you can't drive till it gets fixed. Tom and I had a hard time being in an apartment too. It wasn't the actual apartment or the small living space, it was the parking lot and the neighbors. You're almost done there, just a couple more months:)

Cherisa said...

I know I said it earlier, but what a pain! I'd totally tell them you're getting it fixed by a company that will come to you and not the other way around. You're already being inconvenienced enough. You could always consider asking for a rental, too, and see what they say!

Good luck getting it fixed soon!

Jessica Cockrell-Finch said...

Oh shoot!!! When it rains it pours!!! Sorry to hear about that! I would be upset too!! Look on the bright side, nothing seemed to be stolen...right?

The Wethington's said...

well that really sucks. they say bad things come in 3s....window...rain...no home made cake for the party...hopefully tomorrow will be better. i will be thinkin about ya!

Tamsen said...

So crappy!