Thursday, June 4, 2009

A Milestone.....


My little boy is growing up so fast! There is a girl in his class that asked him to join her for a play-date. He was really excited about it and patiently waited until the day came. That morning he took great care getting dressed for school (he wears a uniform so it was kind of funny) and he was ready about an hour ahead of schedule! 

I went to pick him up after his play-date at McDonalds. He had been all day at school, then several hours after school. He looked at me with tears in his eyes and told me he was going to really miss Jessie. I assured him would would have several more play-dates before we move and then they exchanged phone numbers! 

We stayed at McDonalds for a couple more hours so Payton could play and run out all of her energy. Some other friends joined us and asked Dominick what he liked about Jessie. He replied that she is very kind, always nice, likes to play with him at recess, and oh yeah she is pretty. By the time we got home I was afraid it was too late to call her, he was very upset and tried to convince me that she would wait up for his phone call. I told him he would have to call her tomorrow.

So last night as we are getting ready for bed Domino reminds me that he needs to call Jessie. I get P-Goat all situated and in bed then I talk to Domino about his call. I told him he only had 5 min. because it was bedtime, then I instructed him on how to appropriately call another person. This is his first phone call to someone that isn't family! I dialed the number and handed him the phone, when Jessie's mom answered he said "I wanna talk to Jessie" (I was mortified and tried to get him to at least say please!) 

They talked, he paced and blushed, and then he ended the conversation with " Well I just wanted to tell you good night and I hope you sleep well", It was the cutest thing I have ever seen! I really tried to find my camera and get it all on video, but I couldn't find it anywhere! I am just so sad that they are finding each other a month before we move! They have promised each other that they will write and e-mail and Domino has said he will never forget Jessie!

5 comments:

Rogers Family said...

AWWW. Is this what I have to look foward to when Isaac turns 6? That was the cutest story.

Jessica Cockrell-Finch said...

How stinkin cute is that! What a sweet little boy!!! He is going to be the best husband someday!!!

John and Tamsen said...

It's starting already hey? Very cute. He is a good catch:)

Liz said...

haha, i love it! and it begins...

Kamilla said...

I know I've said he's a stud before but wow, he really IS. Look out, the girls are gonna be all over that kid!