Monday, April 6, 2009

Easter Dress

So I finished Paytons Easter dress just in time. It was a super easy project, but I have been putting it off. 

With all of the baby blankets I have been making P-goat felt left out. She BEGGED for a new blankie and I had to tell her no (the kid has more blankets than we know what to do with). So she wandered around the fabric store with this sad look in her eyes.........
 until she found the fabric for her dress. She ran up to me and exclaimed that she found the PERFECT fabric just for her. When she showed it to me I really couldn't resist and in all cheesy-ness I bought enough to make myself a matching skirt! Yes I have become one of those Moms, but it is for Easter so it's O.K.

3 comments:

The Wethington's said...

I love it! Last year I bought a few different types of that material to make Savannah some cute summer dresses and never got around to it with wedding season. I'd like to do it now, but I have two questions.

1. Besides measuring her and sewing the material together and adding the straps....what else do I have to do?

2. Did you add material underneath it too or is it fine by itself?

Keep up the good work and keep posting it so I can get inspired by your craftiness ;)

Gretchen said...

You're so one of those moms. Next thing we know you'll both be in light up velcro shoes and you'll say its for passover. The dress looks great. P looks awesome in dark colors. I can't wait to see it on her. Do you have enough fabric left to whip up a bow tie for D?

Cherisa said...

You and I have very different definitions of "easy," my friend! The bodic part looks pretty intimidating to me! But the dress is adorable. Can't wait to see Payton in it!