Saturday, April 11, 2009

Good Friday with Good Friends

With no school on Friday i thought it would be fun to hit 2 birds with 1 stone, Easter egg decorating and quality time with some friends. The day started off wonderfully and the kids played very well together, the boys played "army guys" and "cops", the girls played with barbies and ponies. Then while I prepared the "activity" the kids colored and shared jokes and stories. Being the great Mom that I am, I prepared egg coloring for the kiddos! I have learned that easter egg dying is not a one adult activity, with that in mind we managed to color  dozen eggs and had minimal mess (I think the only fatality is my kitchen table, which gives me an excuse to get the new one that I want)!

Dominick, Sam, Abi, and Payton Coloring
Abi and her colored eggs

Domino and his "camo" eggs
Sam and his orange eggs

After cleaning up from the "activity" we ventured outside to have a picnic. The weather was wonderful, 65 degrees and very sunny. A picnic with corn dogs, chicken nuggets, chips and doughnuts for desert was ideal for these kiddos. They chowed down until there was nothing left and then proceeded to play with bubbles, baseball, and rolling down the big hill.


 
The picnic set up
The end results

P-goat enjoying desert!

It was a wonderful day and the kids had a blast. I learned that next year I will wait for a day that Jay has off to color easter eggs and to cover the table with thick plastic! I also was reminded how much fun rolling down hills can be, luckily there was no one there to get pictures of that!

4 comments:

Gretchen said...

I love the pic dom took of P in the previous post. She looks so angelic and yet cocky. That's p for ya.
We need to shop on the base. I just found out they take our grocery funds there. Why haven't we been going there when the commissary is so cheap? We're dumb. I'm renting a car on Monday and I'll have it til the next Monday. Ahhh vehicular freedom.

The Wethington's said...

How fun! I can't ever organize an activity when we have other kiddos at our house. Our neighbor keeps sending her 3 kids to my house on no school days and I'm so busy running around cleaning up after them that we don't get to start anything fun...I think they do that to me on purpose because they think it is funny to see me all red faced and upset ;)

Rogers Family said...

Fun, fun. OK, I feel like a horrible aunt for asking this, but what's the story behind "p goat"? I don't get it. How did she get that nichname? You should do a whole post about it. Are you trying to grow out dominicks hair? Give them a huge hug from us!!

Missletoe said...

Thanks for the Easter fun! It is a good thing you colored eggs with the kiddos because we ended up running out of time! You're the best. Let's play next week too.